This breakout board is a color sensor based on TAOS TCS230 programmable color light to frequency converter which combines configurable silicon photodiodes and a current –to-frequency convertor on single monolithic CMOS integrated circuit.
The light-to-frequency converter reads 8X8 array of photodiodes, each array could filter red, green, blue light or clear from the light source via two control pins(S2, S3) and output a square wave(50% duty cycle) with frequency directly proportional to light intensity(irradiance). The full-scale output frequency can be scaled via two control input pin(S0, S1). Digital inputs and digital output allows direct interface to a microcontroller or other digital logic circuitry.
TCS230 Color Sensor Module
The TCS230 senses color light with the help of an 8 x 8 array of photodiodes. Then using a Current-to-Frequency Converter the readings from the photodiodes are converted into a square wave with a frequency directly proportional to the light intensity. Finally, using any Micro we can read the square wave output and get the results for the color.
- High-Resolution Conversion of Light Intensity to Frequency
- The Break-out board has TCS230 color sensor
- Single-Supply Operation (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- Nonlinearity Error Typically 0.2% at 50 kHz
- Four bright white LED, on-board, can illuminate the object which does not emit light itself
- Pins S1 S2 S3 S4 can be used as the pull-up or pull-down resistors on board.
- PCB Size: 23mm X 30mm
Includes in Package
- 1 Piece- Color Sensor Module TCS3200, 3V-5V Red