Fixed voltage Positive and Negative regulator ICs are used in circuits to give precise regulated voltage. 78 XX series regulator IC can handle a maximum of 1-ampere current. The Regulator ICs require a minimum 1.5 higher input voltage than their voltage rating. For example, the 7805 IC requires a minimum of 6.5 volts to give 5-volt output.
- Input Voltage: 7.5Volt to 48Volt
- Output Volt: 5 Volt
- Maximum Output Amp: 1Amp
- Pin 1 (Input Pin): The Input pin is the pin that accepts the incoming DC voltage, which the voltage regulator will eventually regulate down to 5 volts.
- Pin 2 (Ground): Ground pin establishes the ground for the regulator.
- Pin 3 (Output Pin): The Output pin is the regulated 5 volts DC.
Includes in Package
- 1 Piece – LM7805 Positive Voltage Regulator IC- 5 Volt/1 Amp